The Door Store is one of the UKs’ largest retailers of doors, floors, stair casing and associated hardware, we are currently looking for an experienced and energetic retail sales person for our Reading branch located at RG30 1EA. The majority of our sales are conducted face to face with customers but we also conduct sales via telephone and through our online sales channel.
Training for the role will be on the job and usually takes about 8 weeks to become fully accustomed to all our products and services. After that you will be introduced to our bonus scheme which will open the door to further rewards.
· Provide excellent customer service that exceeds all customer’s expectations
· Ensure customers are dealt with efficiently and courteously
· Deal with customers’ orders and queries in a confident, efficient and professional manner
· Develop a comprehensive product knowledge to help customers select the best product available for them, remembering to upsell ancillary products such as ironmongery, trims etc.
· Ensure specific customer requirements (e.g. glass, hardware etc.) are processed efficiently, correctly and meet any delivery promises
· Ensure all promises made to customers are realistic and achievable
· Resolve customer issues/enquiries to a satisfactory conclusion
· Keeping paperwork precise and clear so that tasks may be followed by colleagues (particularly whoever is covering for your day off)
· Ensuring all deliveries are checked off accurately, promptly and that relevant paperwork is passed on efficiently and quickly
· Maintain sales performance in line with your peers
· Experience in performance related sales desirable
· Basic computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Products
· Good attitude towards daily work and teamwork
· Flexibility to help out in unforeseen circumstances
· An element of manual handling and lifting products is required
· Smart appearance is essential
£20,000 - £22,000 basic pay per annum + bonus scheme worth over £3,000
Hours 38.5hrs per week (averaged over a two week rotation)
Week 1 working hours: (41.25hr)
Week 2 working hours: (35.75hr)